Although the telltale sign that a family had reached the “American Dream” used to be a white picket fence, today it can be any fence of your choice! Vinyl fencing (also called PVC fencing) is one of the most popular options out there. It’s affordable, durable and extremely versatile since it comes in a variety of heights and colors. If you’ve chosen a vinyl fence for your yard, it’s likely to last for years. But to ensure it does, it never hurts to keep up with a little fence maintenance. Not sure where to start? You’ve come to the right place.
Heritage Fence is a Montgomery County fence-building company that has years of experience building and installing quality fences. From pool and dog fences to privacy and security fences, Heritage Fence can meet all your fencing needs! In this blog, we’ll focus on the vinyl fence, and explain about the simple upkeep that really makes a difference!
Here are a few simple tips to keep your vinyl fence looking good:
- Adjust the gate each spring – especially after a particularly harsh winter.
- Oil the gate hinges and tighten screws at least one a year.
- Keep children from swinging on the gate, which can damage the hinges.
- Take a walk around the yard and check for loose posts. Re-tamp and re-align any loose ones.
- Keep the gate secured so it doesn’t swing in the wind and cause unnecessary wear and tear.
- Avoid using a weed trimmer near the base of the posts. Those machines are strong and can cause damage to your fence.
- Don’t stack any materials or objects near your fence.
Contact This Montgomery County Fence Building Company for Help
If you follow these simple tips, you’ll be sure to get the maximum lifetime out of your fence. Most of the work is really just keeping an eye out to make sure no loose posts or rusty hinges go unnoticed.
And remember, if you need any help with maintenance on your vinyl fence, contact us. One of our employees will always be happy to help you. Don’t let this blog deter you from getting a vinyl fence: vinyl has plenty of benefits.